Do not become a victim of identity theft
Cybercriminals are constantly evolving and tax professionals are becoming high-risk targets because of the data they manage. A cybercriminal can steal their clients' personal information to commit tax fraud. This webinar will teach participants that by taking some critical steps to protect all of their digital devices, they can better protect their customers' personal and financial information. We will review IRS publications; 4524, 5027, 5199, and 5293. Focus on the five principles of cybersecurity: identity, protection, detection, response, and recovery.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to:
• Review IRS publications related to tax payers identity theft
• Know the warning signs.
• Become familiar with the five principles of cybersecurity
• Protect your client's personal information.
• Keep your computer and mobile phone safe.
• Avoid phishing scams and malware.
• Develop an effective incident response program.
• Recommend steps for victims of identity theft.